So it’s exam time right now where I live, and I am afraid I won’t be coming on Tumblr for some time. Yes, I know, HOW COULD I? Well, for 1, I NEED good grades to make the 90% club, and I have to work really hard and not get distracted by social networking sites. I promise I’ll be back the night of next Monday, when I Finnish my final exam. I will also answer any asks that I’ve gotten but haven’t answered yet, next next Friday.
So long for now! Sincerly - Hayley
p.s I HAVE AN SUBMIT BOX!
submit all your book pics, quotes, and anything you want having to do with books. I want you to be apart of this blog too!
lovereadandwrite said: hii! so i really want to read the lord of the rings, but i'm not sure if i should read the hobbit first. did it help you understand the lord of the rings better? :)
I think you should! Although it’s such a dull book, very well written though. But, I think you should give it a go. It gives you the back story before you read the Lord of the Rings, you know? It sort of is a information novel if you will. It gives a more extensive description of Hobbiton, Hobbits, and their way of life, and it’ll help you understand the Lord of the Rings a little better. Plus, by reading the Hobbit, you’ll enjoy the Lord of the Rings a lot more! :D
mypersonalparadox said: Really need a few good books. Preferrably anything that makes you think about life like looking for alaska, catcher in the rye or perks of being a wallflower. Or like mild love stories like hunger gamea but nothing too sappy like twilight lol
I’ve come to notice that the books like that are the best books a person can read at this age. I know a few similar to such actually.
1. Before I fall by Lauren Oliver: This book was poorly written on so many levels, but for some reason it really changed me and made me think about the way I should treat others, for they could be gone the next day.
2. 13 reasons why by Jay Asher: Deals with tough stuff like suicide and bullying. I definitely recommend this!
3. It’s kind of a funny story by Ned Vizzini: Again, a suicide and depression novel. It had a lot of meaningful quotes that I live by, and was such an amazing read!
4. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho: I mean this in the most sincere way possible. It started my journey into discovering myself and who I am. It taught me so many things, but most importantly it taught me to listen to my heart.
5. Invisible man- Ralph Ellison: This is most powerful book I’ve ever read about the issue of color and race in America.
6. The Outsiders- S.E Hinton
7. Speak- Laurie Halse Anderson: This is about rape, short read and perfect for summer road trips.
Here’s some more I’ll just list for you:
8. Brave New Girl- Louisa Luna
9.Very Far Away from Anywhere Else- Ursula K. Le Guin
10.The Vast Fields of Ordinary- Nick Burd
Hope I helped some. :)
And oh god Twilight. I hate when people are like “Ohmeegez I LAWVE reading!!!!1! Twilight is defs my fav boookss!111 lol <3”
xsparkinspacex-deactivated20110 said: Hey, I'm reading the hobbit now and I need some new summer reading books, other than the lord of the rings trilogy. Any suggestions, I'm open to anything! :) thanks
The Hobbit was so dreadful, omg. But here’s some of my favorites!
1. Along for the Ride- Sarah Dessen
2. Someone like you - Sarah Dessen
3. Twenty boy summer- Sarah Ockler
4. A Map of the Known World-Lisa Ann Sandell
5. Bright Young Things- Anna Godberson
6. The Breakup Bible - Melissa Kantor
7. Confessions Of A Not It Girl - Melissa Kantor
8. Reality Chick - Lauren Barnholdt
9. perfect chemistry - simone elkeles
10. Last Summer - Evan Hunter
11. Willow- Julia Hoban
12. Before I fall- Lauren Oliver
13. 13 reasons why- Jay Asher (lol 13 and 13…)
14. Being Emily- Anne Donovan
Hope I helped! :)
Emma Watson will be starring in “Perks”, a movie adaption of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Logan Lerman will play Charlie.
asi-como-amantes said: You've got the loveliest blog I've seen in a long time. Prepare for reblogs. ^_^
Thanks so much! And, I’m ready. ;D
Do you have a picture, quote, link, or video having to do with books? Well thanks to a follower, I have opened a submit box! I encourage you to send me your stuff! It’s located at the top of my blog saying something like “submit your pictures”.